Photo courtesy of Ross den Otter
An Italian Adventure – Come and Cook with Kitchen Culinaire in Italy
Come and explore the many epicurean delights that Puglia has to offer.
Located in southern Italy, Puglia is renowned for its stunning landscapes and local produce. For eight days, we will search out the freshest seasonal ingredients at local markets and visit the shops of artisanal bakers, butchers and cheese mongers in nearby towns and villages. We’ll travel to neighboring vineyards for wine tastings and visit a local bakery, which offers the famous Altamura bread, the only DOP bread in Europe. Puglia is a food lover’s paradise and we look forward to making the most of our delicious daily discoveries!
Of course a Kitchen Culinaire experience wouldn’t be complete without cooking. Our time together will be centered around hands-on classes in the kitchen of the elegantly rustic B&B Il Nido dei Falchi located in the historical centre of Altamura in Palazzo Santoro. Designed to be informal yet informative, these classes are filled with lots of laughter and learning. Cheese and yogurt making, Puglian olive oil tastings and pasta workshops focusing on traditional techniques and regional sauces combined with highlighting seasonal ingredients are just some of the culinary components we’ll explore. We’ll enjoy the fruits of our labor with unforgettable al fresco dining in the fields and under the stars…
We are limiting the number of guests to 14 people. We’d love to have you join us!
Photos courtesy of Melissa Quantz
This 8 day tour runs from September 15th to September 22nd 2016 and includes:
- roundtrip airport/train station transfers from Bari to B&B Il Nido dei Falchi
- 7 nights accommodation at B&B Il Nido dei Falchi
- 7 day guided culinary and cultural tour
- meals and wine
- visits to artisanal bakers, butchers and cheesemongers
- 2 lunch and 3 dinner demonstration cooking classes and lectures including a hands-on pasta making workshop showcasing the typical pastas of Puglia
- tastings of local cheeses, olive oils and regional wines, including visits to local vineyards to meet winemakers and tour the vines
- 2 lunch and 1 dinner out to enjoy traditional, regional cuisine
- day trips to neighbouring towns of Altamura, Gravina and Matera to visit museums, art exhibitions and do walking tours of historical districts
- entrance fees to museums and sites
Price per person is 2370 euro based on double occupancy, all taxes included.
For additional information or to check availability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To confirm your spot on the tour, a nonrefundable deposit of 20% is required along with your full name and birthdate as per passport. The nonrefundable balance of the tour cost will be due 60 days prior to departure. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
Travel arrangements by Finisterra Travel – Consumer Protection BC 70260